Monday, September 12, 2016

MUSIC FIX OF THE DAY: Quick Piss "Rock 'N' Roll Impotence" album

MUSIC FIX OF THE DAY
SEPTEMBER 12, 2016


QUICK PISS
"Rock 'N' Roll Impotence"
Red Nude
Released: September 2, 2016

Quick Piss is from Des Moines, Iowa, USA.

The debut album features thirteen tracks. Thirteen tracks that I have digitally, but by the time this review/write up is over you will understand that I want this on vinyl. 

Quick Piss formed during the spring of 2013 in Des Moines, IA, at a time when the band members' ages ranged from 16-18. All of them have been friends since middle and high school, and have been active in the local Des Moines music scene since ages 13-15. 

So right away, yes, they have the amazing boiling blood of the early Replacements. There is so much influence here, it is hard to believe these young cats have this down so well.

Give "Thouroughly F*#&ed" a listen. 







Throughout the album I am hearing the Cramps, Sonny Vincent and Rocket From The Crypt and Jay Reatard influences. Can these kids be down with these influences?


How about "Q.P.I.G.F.Y.S." which takes up 8 minutes of the 33 minute album, a song which climaxes in a Stooges-like zone-out after the Dwarves-like movement. And yes, it stands for Quick Piss Is Gonna F&#% Your Sh$&!

"666 Upside Down Crucifix" is a freaking masterpiece. I love everything about this song. The song proves these kids (I'm 50 by the way, so I can call them kids) are the real deal. Love this song. It also makes you understand that they have to know about "I Wanna Be Your Dog" even though they have a song called "I.W.B.Y.S." (I Wanna Be Your Slut").






"Southside and Gomorrah" reinforces that Quick Piss leans more towards GG and the Germs than White Stripes and Strokes on the punk garage scale. Dirty and foul rather then precise and spruced up, at least as far as garage punk goes!





I don't have a lyric sheet, but I am pretty sure the lyrics to the 36 second song "40 Hr. Week" goes something like "40 hour week, f&^$ you!" and then something like "40 dollar tip, F&c@ you, 40 hour week, F&@K no!" 

As far as I am concerned the only mistake they made on this album was that the song should have been 40 seconds instead of 36 to match the title. Maybe they were on a four second break.


Rock 'N' Roll Impotence - Tracklisting
01. Quick Piss
02. Information Withdrawal
03. A Freudian Slipped
04. 40 HR. Week
05. I.W.B.Y.S.
06. 666 Upside Down Crucifix
07. Southside And Gomorrah
08. Instant Party
09. On The Subject Of European Travel
10. Information Withdrawal Ad Nauseam
11. My Country Home
12. Thoroughly Fucked
13. Q.P.I.G.F.Y.S.

Stone Mills: guitar/vocals
Dylan Lamb: guitar
Joryn Brown: drums/bass/guitar
Arin Eaton: bass/organ
Luke Bascom drums


Where the hell do I get the vinyl? I think "Rock N Roll Impotence" is only currently available as a tape or download. Someone like Goner should put this out on vinyl if Red Nude isn't!

Yes, I am excited about this record.

Cheers,
Frank FOE


http://www.red-nude.com/releases.cfm

https://www.facebook.com/QUICKPISS/



No comments:

Post a Comment