Sunday, September 18, 2016

MUSIC FIX OF THE DAY: Bootblacks "Veins"

MUSIC FIX OF THE DAY
SEPTEMBER 18, 2016


BOOTBLACKS
"Veins"
Manic Depression
Released: March 11, 2016


Bootblacks are from Brooklyn NY.

I have listened to this album a few dozen times this year already.

It is out of my expertise comfort zone, but I love this album.

Check out the video for "Southpole".



Sure, I can tell you that I consider Joy Division, New Order and Depeche Mode among my all time favorite bands. I have listened to Bauhaus, but didn't quite grasp all of their material. There might be some other bands that can fit into some sort of post-punk, post-romantic, electronic deathrock, goth something or other in my listening experience, but I don't want this to sound like a generic review. I want to get my point across: "Veins" is a majestic, great album.

"Veins" is definitely not generic and is one of my favorite records of the year. I love this ghoul-disco, dark wave goth originality.

"Veins" sounds like it was released in the late 70s early 80s. The ten tracks take me back in time and out of my mind.





Bootblacks name is derived from novelist William Burroughs’ description of the dark underbelly of glitzy New York City. Here's hoping you love the Bootblacks as much as I do!

Now to find this on vinyl...

Cheers,
Frank FOE




No comments:

Post a Comment